- Writing patient care plans.
- Implementing plans through tasks such as preparing patients for operations, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature.
- Observing and recording the condition of patients.
- Checking and administering drugs and injections.
- Setting up drips and blood transfusions.
- Assisting with tests and evaluations.
- Carrying out routine investigations.
- Responding quickly to emergencies.
- Planning discharges from hospital and liaising with gps and social workers.
- Communicating with and relieving the anxiety of patients and their relatives.
- Advocating on behalf of patients.
- Educating patients about their health.
- Organising staff and prioritising busy workloads.
- Mentoring student and junior nurses.
- Maintaining patient records.
- Making ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
- Medical Assistant
|4||Level Of Preparation||